Happy Boy Recipes
Total Time: 10 Min
Posted by Kale
Making your own simple syrup can seem intimidating but it truly is simple and once you try this delicious lavender-infused vodka lemonade you will be making all types of syrup. The delicate flavor of Happy Boy lavender transforms this lemonade into an exciting addition to any picnic.
*1.5 oz Lavender Simple Syrup
3 oz Vodka
1 oz Lemon juice
1. In a martini shaker, add lavender simple syrup, lemon juice, and vodka. Stir to mix.
2. Add 3 ice cubes and shake till there is a light frost on the outside of shaker.
3. Pour over ice, and top with soda water to taste.
4. To garnish- cut a lemon wheel in half. Stack both halves, and spear with three sprigs of lavender.
5. Put on Glen Millers “In The Mood” and drink alone.
*Instructions for Lavender Simple Syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
¼ cup lavender (pulled from stem)
Place all three ingredients in saucepan and bring them to a boil. Let sit for 45 min, then
strain into a container. (keep refrigerated for longer life span)
Follow the Farm
Escarole season is just around the corner, and these bold tasting heads should be popping up in our fields (and market-stands) in the upcoming weeks. Check out a great recipe for this unique green, and get ready for a winter-time treat!