Happy Boy Recipes
Lavender Lemonade Light and Refreshing
A Twist on a Summertime Classic
Total Time: 20 Min Servings: 8
Posted by Danny
It’s hard to make lemonade better, but I like to add a bit of lavender to this classic summer drink.
6 cups water
1 cup sugar
15 stems fresh lavender or 7 dried stems
1 cup lemon juice
1 Tbsp. Lemon zest
1 Tbsp. maple syrup (optional)
1. Combine one cup water and sugar in a small sauce pan & bring to a boil.
2. Simmer until all sugar is dissolved then reduce heat.
3. Add lavender buds with a bit of stem and let steep for 10 minutes at a very low simmer.
4. Juice lemons.
5. Combine lemon juice, 5 cups water, and lemon zest in a large pitcher.
6. Strain lavender simple syrup into pitcher.
7. Sweeten to taste with a dash of maple syrup.
Serve over ice and garnish with a sprig of lavender.
Add Vodka to make it hard lemonade
Follow the Farm
Escarole season is just around the corner, and these bold tasting heads should be popping up in our fields (and market-stands) in the upcoming weeks. Check out a great recipe for this unique green, and get ready for a winter-time treat!